Having worked as a senior specialist renal dietitian at Barts and the London and Imperial Hospitals NHS Trusts Helen uses her expert knowledge to provide private dietetic consultations on the following conditions:
- Kidney disease: Pre-dialysis, haemo-dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and renal transplant diet advice. From low protein diets to delay the progression of kidney disease, to fluid, potassium, sodium, and phosphate restriction. Helen will help you focus on what you should be eating rather than what you shouldn’t.
- Diabetes: Helen can help normalize your blood sugar levels and even reverse your diagnosis of diabetes through the right diet plan for you. Helping you gain control through in depth education in glycaemic index, carbohydrate portions, and your diabetes medication to give you more freedom in your diet, and helping you exercise the way you want to.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Receive the latest diet counseling from Kings College London on the low FODMAP diet with accompanying literature to help you achieve symptom relief without depleting nutritional stores.
- Weight loss: Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting and embrace motivational therapy and a bespoke diet plan designed to nourish your body for long-term maintainable results.
Consultations with a private dietitian allow for specialist in depth knowledge linked in with your NHS GP, but with the benefit of:
- Additional time: 60 minutes for new appointments and follow ups allowing plenty of time for you to talk and be listened to.
- Nutritional adequacy report to take home with you, compiled using your diet history and the most up-to-date diet analysis software.
- Accompanying literature and free samples where appropriate,
- A comfortable environment. Our longer appointment times mean no delays to appointments, so no long waits in crowded waiting rooms.
You can fund your sessions to see a private dietitian through you health insurance company or by self-funding.